Monday, September 12, 2011

Hannah's Lunch/Snack Bag


I love this pattern by Erin Erickson! Hannah was happy to pose with her new lunch bag for me the other day. Hannah's has a laminated fabric interior... it was an iron on plastic laminate deal. Never again! It was so difficult to work with, I would suggest an actual laminated fabric that you buy like that. The lunch bag is so cute that I wanted to try again with a different lining. Using a cotton fabric lining just didn't seem very practical to me. Between exploded yogurt containers and pretzel crumbs... it would always be in the wash. It has to be able to wipe clean... so I tried using a ripstop nylon... and it worked great! The other bag pictured below uses the nylon and I'm very happy with it! These bags also have two layers of insul-brite to help keep the lunch/snacks nice and cool!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I was thinking about purchasing this pattern so I could make myself a lunch bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pattern, much like the other two patterns that I have purchased from Erin! I just ordered a bunch of Insul-brite and was thinking I might put a few together to list on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, someone was just asking me if there was a way to laminate fabric, and I had no idea...sounds like it's not the way to go, but what product did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used Heat'n Bond iron on vinyl. I found it at Joann Fabrics. It could work well for somethings, but I didn't like it for this purpose! It was really difficult to turn the bag right side out.

    ReplyDelete